STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1452-12
RE: H.R. No. 139
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Sixth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2012
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Legislative Management, to which was referred H.R. No. 139 entitled:
"HOUSE RESOLUTION REQUESTING AN AUDIT OF ALL STATE DEPARTMENT EXPENDITURES RELATING TO MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS AND EXPENDITURES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the title to read:
"REQUESTING A REPORT OF ALL STATE DEPARTMENT EXPENDITURES RELATING TO ENERGY CONSERVATION CONTRACTS AND POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENTS";
(2) Clarifying that the University of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Department of Accounting and General Services, and Department of Education utilize power purchase agreements that most affect the State;
(3) Requesting that each state department submit a report relating to its energy conservation contracts and power purchase agreements;
(4) Requesting that the University of Hawaii, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Accounting and General Services, and the Department of Education submit a detailed analysis of their power purchase agreements;
(5) Requesting that these reports include, among other things:
(A) Whether the contracts serve their intended purposes to promote energy and resource conservation, while meeting the departments' needs; and
(B) The adequacy of the financing of the energy conservation contracts and power purchase agreements; and
(6) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Legislative Management that is attached to this report, your Committee concurs with the intent and purpose of H.R. No. 139, as amended herein, and recommends that it be referred to the Committee on Finance in the form attached hereto as H.R. No. 139, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Legislative Management,
KYLE T. YAMASHITA, Chair