STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1235-10
RE: S.B. No. 2884
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Fifth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2010
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 2884, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT MAKING AN APPROPRIATION FOR COLLECTIVE BARGAINING COST ITEMS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this bill is to provide employer contribution amounts for Hawaii Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) health benefits plan premiums for plan years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 for certain public officers and employees. Specifically, this bill funds the employer's EUTF costs for fiscal biennium 2009-2011 of:
(1) Employees of collective bargaining units (1) and (10); and
(2) State officers and employees who are excluded from collective bargaining, who belong to the same compensation plans as those officers and employees within collective bargaining units (1) and (10), authorized by Chapter 89C, Hawaii Revised Statutes.
The Department of Budget and Finance and United Public
Workers, AFSCME, Local 646, AFL-CIO, offered comments on this
Your Committee has amended this bill by:
(1) Replacing with unspecified amounts, all dollar amounts for the monthly premium contributions of different EUTF health benefits plans;
(2) Replacing with unspecified percentages, the percentages of EUTF monthly administrative fees for fiscal years 2008-2009, 2009-2010, and 2010-2011, that must be paid by the employer;
(3) Replacing with unspecified figures the percentage of monthly premium and administrative fees, and the associated dollar amount, that the employer shall pay per month for each employee-beneficiary enrolled in the EUTF group life insurance plan;
(4) Replacing with an unspecified percentage, the percentage of the monthly premium amount below which the employer's monthly contribution to EUTF shall be rounded to the nearest cent;
(5) Deleting examples of the employer's monthly contributions rounded to the nearest cent;
(6) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2020; and
(7) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2884, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 2884, S.D. 2, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
MARCUS R. OSHIRO, Chair