STAND. COM. REP. NO. 605-10
RE: H.B. No. 744
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Fifth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2010
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 744, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO HUMAN SERVICES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this bill is to expedite the recovery of missing senior citizens by establishing a statewide silver alert program in each county. This bill:
(1) Establishes criteria that must be met before a silver alert is issued;
(2) Identifies the contents of the alert; and
(3) Requires the silver alert program, to the greatest extent possible, to be integrated with the Maile Amber Alert Program for missing children.
The Policy Advisory Board for Elder Affairs and Healthcare Association of Hawaii testified in support of this bill.
Your Committee has amended this bill by:
(1) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2020; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 744, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 744, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
MARCUS R. OSHIRO, Chair