STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1-10
RE: H.B. No. 2162
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Fifth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2010
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2162 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT MAKING APPROPRIATIONS TO PROVIDE FOR THE EXPENSES OF THE LEGISLATURE, THE AUDITOR, THE LEGISLATIVE REFERENCE BUREAU, AND THE OMBUDSMAN,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this bill is to appropriate funding for the legislative branch of state government.
The Office of the Auditor testified in support of this bill. The Legislative Reference Bureau, Hawaii State Ethics Commission, Office of the Ombudsman, and the Clerk of the House of Representatives provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this bill by:
(1) Reducing the appropriation for the Senate from $8,025,681 to $7,377,244;
(2) Reducing the appropriation for the House of Representatives from $11,403,163 to $10,481,787;
(3) Reducing the appropriation for the Office of the Auditor from $2,619,685 to $2,408,013;
(4) Reducing the appropriation for the Hawaii State Ethics Commission from $885,292 to $813,770;
(5) Reducing the appropriation for the Legislative Reference Bureau from $3,113,126 to $2,861,633; and
(6) Reducing the appropriation for the Office of the Ombudsman from $1,060,728 to $998,342.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2162, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2162, H.D. 1, and be placed on the calendar for Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
MARCUS R. OSHIRO, Chair