Constitutes judiciary court interpreters as an appropriate bargaining unit.
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
TWENTY-SECOND LEGISLATURE, 2003
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
RELATING TO COURT INTERPRETERS AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. Section 89-6, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by amending subsection (a) to read as follows:
"(a) All employees throughout the State within any of the following categories shall constitute an appropriate bargaining unit:
(1) Nonsupervisory employees in blue collar positions;
(2) Supervisory employees in blue collar positions;
(3) Nonsupervisory employees in white collar positions;
(4) Supervisory employees in white collar positions;
(5) Teachers and other personnel of the department of education under the same pay schedule, including part-time employees working less than twenty hours a week who are equal to one-half of a full-time equivalent;
(6) Educational officers and other personnel of the department of education under the same pay schedule;
(7) Faculty of the University of Hawaii and the community college system;
(8) Personnel of the University of Hawaii and the community college system, other than faculty;
(9) Registered professional nurses;
(10) Institutional, health, and correctional workers;
(12) Police officers; [
(13) Professional and scientific employees, who cannot be included in any of the other bargaining units[
(14) Court interpreters employed by the judiciary, including part-time interpreters working an average of ten hours per week in each calendar year."
SECTION 2. Statutory material to be repealed is bracketed and stricken. New statutory material is underscored.
SECTION 3. This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2003.