CIP - 19th representative district
Capital Improvement Projects for the 19th representative district
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
TWENTY-SECOND LEGISLATURE, 2003
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
RELATING TO CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE NINETEENTH representative DISTRICT.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. The following sums, or so much thereof as shall be sufficient to finance the projects listed in this Act, are hereby appropriated out of the general revenues of the State of Hawaii for fiscal 2003-2004.
1. To be expended by the Department of Land and Natural Resources:
A. Diamond Head State Monument, Oahu
(1) Design and construction of the
visitors interpretive center
and other related improvements.
Construction $ 100,000
Total Funding $2,500,000
2. To be expended by the Department of Transportation:
A. H-1 Freeway exit and entrance ramps in area of Waialae and 21st Avenues, Oahu
(1) Plans, design, and construction
of landscaping and irrigation
in area between sidewalk and street.
Total Funding $202,000
B. Diamond Head Road, Oahu
(1) Plans, design and construction on
Diamond Head Road to place the overhead
utility wires, cables and related
equipment underground fronting Diamond
Head Monument Park between Coconut Avenue
and Triangle Park.
Total Funding $3,000,000
3. To be expended by the Department of Accounting and General
A. Kalani High School, Oahu
(1) Renovation of Building G, to include,
but not limited to the boys and girls
restrooms and locker rooms to meet
Total Funding $450,000
(2) Renovation of Building B, Special
Education class bathroom to meet
ADA accessibility requirements.
Total Funding $30,000
(3) Plans, design and construction of
a retaining wall along the mauka/ewa
end of the entrance to control shifting
Total Funding $200,000
B. Kaimuki Middle School, Oahu
(1) Renovate R Building room into a
science lab and counselors room,
to include, but not limited to,
partitioning, plumbing, increased
ventilation and equipment.
Total Funding $160,000
C. King Liholiho School, Oahu
(1) Design and construction of outdoor
lights for athletic field.
Total Funding $20,000
D. Kahala School, Oahu
(1) Renovate C Building restrooms
to comply with ADA requirements.
Total Funding $115,000
(2) Replace campus fire alarm system
with visual and audio alarm system
Total Funding $200,000
E. Waialae School, Oahu
(1) Plans, design and construction
for a portable classroom for
music/band program, to include,
but not limited to acoustic tile,
carpet, instrument storage, ground
and site improvements.
Total Funding $100,000
SECTION 2. The sums appropriated for the respective capital projects set forth in section 1 shall be expended by the designated expending agency for the purposes of this Act.
SECTION 3. This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2003.