STAND. COM. REP. NO.638-02
RE: H.B. No. 2751
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2002
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2751 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this bill is to appropriate funds to the Department of Education (DOE) for:
(1) Four internal auditor positions;
(2) Two support positions; and
(3) One-time, start-up and equipment expenses.
DOE, Hawaii State Teachers Association, and concerned parents testified in support of this bill.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the appropriation to $1 for purposes of further discussion; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for purposes of clarity, conformity, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2751, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2751, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
DWIGHT Y. TAKAMINE, Chair