CIP; 3rd Senatorial District
Appropriates funds for capital improvement projects in the third senatorial district
TWENTY-FIRST LEGISLATURE, 2002
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
relating to capital improvements FOR THE THIRD SENATORIAL DISTRICT.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. The director of finance is authorized to issue general obligation bonds in the sum of $13,660,000, or so much thereof as may be necessary, for fiscal year 2002-2003, for the following capital improvements in the third senatorial district:
1. Pahoa High and Intermediate School
Plans, design, construction, and equipment for a gymnasium.
Total funding $4,450,000
2. South Hilo Landfill Closure Project, Phase I
Replace the landfill with a transfer station with an elevated refuse dumping site, a depressed refuse receiving/processing pit, and the capability to re-pack refuse in special trailers for transport; 1:1 state/county match.
Total funding $3,000,000
3. Multi-Purpose Senior Center, Kailua-Kona
Planning and design of a multi-purpose service center as a single point of service delivery for older persons living in North Kona; 1:1 state/county match.
Total funding $250,000
4. Kealakaa Extension/Proposed Kealakehe Parkway Extension
Planning and design of extension to connect major population areas to three schools, and police and fire departments; 1:1 state/county match.
Total funding $1,000,000
5. North Kohala Halaula Exploratory Well
Well drilling and casing at a well site upgradient of the existing Halaulaua Reservoir site.
Total funding $600,000
6. North Kona Hina Lani 1.0 MG Reservoir
Completion of reservoir.
Total funding $1,200,000
7. Ka'u Hawaiian Cultural Center
Construction by the County of Hawaii to expend in the aid of building a Hawaii Cultural Center.
Total funding $245,000
8. Kona Coast (Kekaha Kai) State Wilderness Park, Kua Bay section and Kealakekua Bay State Wilderness Park, Ka'awaloa section
Installation of self-composting sanitation units.
Total funding $110,000
9. Naalehu Elementary School Library Building
Total funding $2,625,000
10. Pahoa Library
Enclose courtyard for more space.
Total funding $180,000
SECTION 2. The appropriation made for the capital improvement projects authorized by this Act shall not lapse at the end of the fiscal year for which the appropriation is made; provided that all moneys from the appropriation unencumbered as of June 30, 2005, shall lapse as of that date.
SECTION 3. The sums appropriated for the respective capital projects set forth in section 1 shall be expended for the purposes of this Act; provided that:
(1) The sums appropriated in items 1 to 7 shall be expended by the county of Hawaii;
(2) The sum appropriated in item 8 shall be expended by the department of land and natural resources; and
(3) The sum appropriated in items 9 and 10 shall be expended by the department of accounting and general services.
SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2002.