CIP; State Irrigation Systems
Appropriates funds for capital improvement projects for various state irrigation systems. (SD1)
TWENTY-FIRST LEGISLATURE, 2002
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
RELATING TO CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS for various state irrigation systems.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. The director of finance is authorized to issue general obligation bonds in the sum of $80,500,000, or so much thereof as may be necessary, and the same sum, or so much thereof as may be necessary, is appropriated for fiscal year 2002-2003 for the purpose of financing the following agricultural irrigation projects throughout the State:
1. Upcountry Maui system dual water system for non potable uses.
Incremental construction $10,000,000
Total funding $10,000,000
2. Lower Hamakua Ditch, Honokaa, Hawaii
Incremental construction $13,000,000
Total funding $13,000,000
3. Waiahole irrigation system, Kunia, Oahu
Lining of Waiahole reservoir to reduce loss and increase storage capacity.
Total funding $4,000,000
4. Kekaha irrigation system, Kekaha, Kauai
Lining to reduce loss and energy for irrigation drainage.
Total funding $6,000,000
5. Molokai irrigation system
Improvements to the Molokai irrigation system.
Total funding $1,000,000
6. West Maui irrigation
Repair and improvement of three abandoned siphons.
Total funding $1,500,000
7. Improvements to existing agricultural water infrastructure, including, but not limited to renovating, rehabilitating, replacing, improving, converting, and updating the irrigation water delivery systems of existing agricultural regions in the counties of Kauai, Maui, Hawaii, and the city and county of Honolulu, together with temporary relief subsidies for the operational costs of these agricultural systems; provided that $5,000,000, shall be for federal aid financing or reimbursement.
Planning, construction, and
Total Funding $45,000,000
SECTION 2. The appropriation made for the capital improvement project authorized by this Act shall not lapse at the end of the fiscal year for which the appropriation is made; provided that all moneys from the appropriation unencumbered as of June 30, 2005, shall lapse as of that date.
SECTION 3. The sum appropriated for the respective capital projects set forth in section 1 shall be expended by the department of agriculture for the purposes of this Act.
SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2002.