Wahiawa General Hospital.
Making an appropriation to the Wahiawa General Hospital for its operating costs.
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
TWENTY-FIRST LEGISLATURE, 2001
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
MAKING AN APPROPRIATION FOR operating costs.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. The legislature finds that:
(1) Wahiawa general hospital, located in Wahiawa, Oahu, serves a population of approximately one hundred and ten thousand residents in central Oahu and the north shore, including the communities of Wahiawa, Mililani, Haleiwa, Waialua, and Kunia;
(2) The hospital's fifty-nine-bed acute care facility consists of:
(A) Thirty medical-surgical beds;
(B) Fourteen OB/GYN beds;
(C) Five critical care beds;
(D) Ten senior behavioral health beds; and
(E) A one hundred and three-bed long term care facility;
(3) Additionally, Wahiawa general hospital has:
(A) Three operating room suites;
(B) An ambulatory surgical unit;
(C) Four birthing rooms; and
(D) A twenty-two-bed bassinet nursery;
(4) The hospital also provides the following services and facilities:
(A) Twenty-four-hour emergency care;
(D) Physical therapy;
(G) Radiology (including x-ray, nuclear medicine, CAT scan, and mammography);
(I) Occupational therapy;
(J) Oncology; and
(K) Social work services;
(5) Wahiawa general hospital also operates satellite clinics including:
(A) The physician center at Mililani;
(B) Kiliani clinic;
(C) Mililani family clinic; and
(D) Waipio Gentry clinic;
(6) Due to the high level of care provided to indigents, single parents, Hawaiians, military dependents, and military retirees, as well as the recent medicare and medicaid cuts resulting from the 1997 Balanced Budget Act, Wahiawa general hospital recognizes that its financial support has been severely affected, and that it must rely on financial support from the State.
The purpose of this Act is to provide financial support to Wahiawa general hospital for its operating costs.
SECTION 2. There is appropriated out of the general revenues of the State of Hawaii the sum of $1 or so much thereof as may be necessary for fiscal year 2001–2002 for the operating costs of Wahiawa general hospital.
SECTION 3. The sum appropriated shall be expended by the Hawaii health systems corporation for the purposes of this Act.
SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on __________, 2001.