Appointed by Senate President Ronald D. Kouchi on July 30, 2021, the Senate Special Committee on State of Hawaii Procurement will conduct fact finding on State of Hawaii procurement including, but not limited to:
• Bids or requests for proposals (RFPs) that have been protested;
• Protested bids that were overturned;
• RFPs that are written and prepared by hired consultants;
• RFPs and contracts using consultants to oversee or manage awarded contracts;
• Costs of consultants; and
• Licensed engineers, architects and other staff assigned to RFPs/Bids/Contract oversight.