[§553A-7]  Transfer by obligor.  (a)  Subject to subsections (b) and (c), a person not subject to section 553A-5 or 553A-6 who holds property of or owes a liquidated debt to a minor not having a conservator may make an irrevocable transfer to a custodian for the benefit of the minor pursuant to section 553A-9.

     (b)  If a person having the right to do so under section 553A-3 has nominated a custodian under that section to receive the custodial property, the transfer must be made to that person.

     (c)  If no custodian has been nominated under section 553A-3, or all persons so nominated as custodian die before the transfer or are unable, decline, or are ineligible to serve, a transfer under this section may be made to an adult member of the minor's family or to a trust company unless the property exceeds $10,000 in value. [L 1985, c 91, pt of §1]