[§523A-10] Notice and publication of lists of abandoned property. (a) The administrator shall publish a notice not later than March 1 of the year next following the report required by section 523A-8 at least once statewide. The notice shall be in a form that, in the judgment of the administrator, is likely to attract the attention of the apparent owner of the unclaimed property. The form shall contain:
(1) The name of each person appearing to be the owner of the property, as set forth in the report filed by the holder;
(2) The last known address or location of each person appearing to be the owner of the property, if an address or location is set forth in the report filed by the holder;
(3) A statement explaining that property of the owner is presumed to be abandoned and has been taken into the protective custody of the administrator; and
(4) A statement that information about the property and its return to the owner is available to a person having a legal or beneficial interest in the property, upon request to the administrator.
(b) The notice shall be given by using one or more of the following methods:
(1) Posting on the State of Hawaii, department of budget and finance internet website;
(2) Publication in a daily or weekly publication of statewide circulation; or
(3) Any other method the administrator deems effective for publicizing the notice.
(c) The administrator shall not be required to advertise the name and address or location of an owner of property having a total value less than $100, or information concerning a traveler's check, money order, or similar instrument. [L 2008, c 55, pt of §1]