§501-157  Reregistration of mortgage or lease after partition.  When a certified copy of a judgment for partition and of the return of the commissioners, if any, is presented for registration, if a mortgage or lease affecting a specific portion or an undivided share of the premises has previously been registered, the tenant claiming under the mortgagor or lessor shall cause the mortgage or lease to be again presented for registration.  The assistant registrar shall indorse on each a memorandum of the partition, with a description of the land set off in severalty on which the mortgage or lease remains in force. [L 1903, c 56, §87; RL 1925, §3276; RL 1935, §5084; RL 1945, §12684; am L 1951, c 142, §5; RL 1955, §342-84; HRS §501-157; am L 1972, c 91, §1(gg)]