§457A-2 Implementation. (a) The director shall implement the provisions of this chapter, in accordance with 42 United States Code sections 1395i-3 and 1396r, that relate to:
(1) The minimum requirements and standards for certification as a nurse aide;
(2) Examination requirements, including the passing score;
(3) Maintenance requirements for continued certification on a biennial basis; and
(4) Implementation of a certified nurse aide registry.
(b) The director of health shall implement this chapter in accordance with 42 United States Code sections 1395i-3 and 1396r, that relate to disciplining certified nurse aides who are employed in:
(1) Nursing facilities participating in medicare and medicaid programs; and
(2) Health care settings licensed or certified by the department of health.
(c) The director of human services shall implement this chapter in accordance with 42 United States Code sections 1395i-3 and 1396r, that relate to training programs for nurse aides and recertification; provided that recertification shall be required not less than every two years and the number of continuing education hours required for recertification shall not exceed twenty-four hours, except as specified by federal law. [L 1990, c 271, pt of §1; am L 1994, c 185, §3(2); am L 2007, c 226, §6; am L 2009, c 108, §3; am L 2016, c 21, §3]