[§440J-3] Confidential information. (a) Notwithstanding chapter 92F, statements and reports provided to the department pursuant to section 440J-2, and the data contained therein, shall be kept confidential; provided that the department may disclose mapping information and data aggregated to the extent necessary in the director's discretion to prevent identification of a provider with the specific data furnished by that provider.
(b) Unless otherwise provided by law, the department shall be prohibited from:
(1) Using the information furnished or obtained for any purpose other than the purposes for which it is supplied; and
(2) Making any publication whereby the data furnished by any person can be identified.
(c) The department shall:
(1) Ensure the security and confidentiality of the information;
(2) Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of the information; and
(3) Protect against unauthorized access to or use of the information that could result in personal or competitive harm to individuals or providers. [L 2012, c 259, pt of §2]