§440-9 Jurisdiction of commission. (a) The commission is vested with the sole jurisdiction, direction, management, and control over all professional and amateur boxing, to be conducted, held, or given within the State. No professional or amateur boxing contest shall be conducted, held, or given within the State except in accordance with this chapter and the rules adopted by the commission pursuant thereto.
(b) No professional boxing contest shall take place unless the commission has approved all proposed bouts. In addition, the commission shall not allow any professional boxing contest unless:
(1) The contestants use gloves not less than six ounces in weight;
(2) The contest consists of not more than twelve rounds of a duration of not more than three minutes each with an interval of one minute between each round and the succeeding round;
(3) Each contestant is at least eighteen years of age;
(4) One hour prior to the contest each contestant is examined by a licensed physician who shall certify in writing to the referee of the contest that the contestant is physically fit to engage therein;
(5) The promoter has complied with sections 440-10 and 440-11; and
(6) All participants have complied with the requirements provided in this chapter and rules adopted in accordance with chapter 91. [L 1929, c 216, §10; RL 1935, §6997; RL 1945, §7558; am L 1949, c 264, §4; am L 1951, c 307, §5; RL 1955, §165-9; HRS §440-9; am L 1979, c 14, §1; am L 1983, c 241, §7; am L 1986, c 135, §6; am L 2004, c 135, §8]