§431:10-102 Definitions. As used in this part:
"Contract" means any policy of life, accident and health or sickness, credit life, credit disability, homeowners, and motor vehicle insurance covering personally owned or personally leased private passenger motor vehicles prepared for delivery by an insurer.
"Flesch reading ease test" means the test set forth in section 431:10-106.
"Insurer" means any company, corporation, exchange, society, or association organized on the stock, mutual, assessment, or fraternal plan of insurance and authorized under the insurance laws of this State to issue life, disability, credit life, credit disability, homeowners, and motor vehicle insurance, including but not limited to fraternal benefit societies, nonprofit health service corporations, nonprofit hospital service corporations, health maintenance organizations, and mutual benefit societies.
"Text" includes all printed material in the contract except:
(1) The insurer's name and address;
(2) The name, number, or title of the contract;
(3) The table of contents or index;
(4) Any captions or subcaptions;
(5) Any specification pages, schedules, or tables;
(6) Any language required by federal law, regulation, or agency interpretation or any written certification to exclude such language;
(7) Any language required by any collective bargaining agreement;
(8) Any medical terminology; and
(9) Any definitions. [L 1987, c 347, pt of §2; am L 1997, c 251, §11; am L 2015, c 63, §7]