[§346-57.5] Interim assistance reimbursement special fund. (a) There is established in the state treasury the interim assistance reimbursement special fund, to be administered by the department, into which shall be deposited:
(1) Moneys received from the federal government pursuant to section 346-57;
(2) Appropriations made by the legislature to the fund;
(3) Any interest that accrues upon the balance in the fund; and
(4) Any other revenues designated for the fund.
(b) Moneys in the interim assistance reimbursement special fund shall be used for:
(1) State-funded financial assistance payments; and
(2) Programs that support and assist recipients to qualify for supplemental security income.
(c) All unencumbered and unexpended moneys in excess of $3,000,000 in the interim assistance reimbursement special fund shall lapse to the credit of the general fund. Upon dissolution of the special fund, any unencumbered and unexpended moneys remaining on balance in the fund shall lapse to the credit of the general fund.
(d) Moneys in the interim assistance reimbursement special fund may be used for general assistance to households without minor dependents; provided that these moneys shall not be considered by the director in determining the general assistance allowance as set forth in section 346-53(b).
(e) The department shall submit a report to the legislature detailing the amount of, and reason for, any expenditure from the interim assistance reimbursement special fund within ten business days of the expenditure. [L 2015, c 196, §2]