§329D-10 Types of manufactured cannabis products. (a) The types of medical cannabis products that may be manufactured and distributed pursuant to this chapter shall be limited to:
(4) Oils and oil extracts;
(6) Ointments and skin lotions;
(7) Transdermal patches;
(8) Pre-filled and sealed containers used to aerosolize and deliver cannabis orally, such as with an inhaler or nebulizer; provided that containers need not be manufactured by the licensed dispensary but shall be filled with cannabis, cannabis oils, or cannabis extracts manufactured by the licensed dispensary; shall not contain nicotine, tobacco-related products, or any other non-cannabis derived products; and shall be designed to be used with devices used to provide safe pulmonary administration of manufactured cannabis products;
(9) Devices that provide safe pulmonary administration; provided that:
(A) The heating element of the device, if any, is made of inert materials such as glass, ceramic, or stainless steel, and not of plastic or rubber;
(B) The device is distributed solely for use with single-use, pre-filled, tamper-resistant, sealed containers that do not contain nicotine or other tobacco products;
(C) The device is used to aerosolize and deliver cannabis by inhalation, such as an inhaler, medical-grade nebulizer, or other similar medical grade volitization device;
(D) There is a temperature control on the device that is regulated to prevent the combustion of cannabis oil; and
(E) The device need not be manufactured by the licensed dispensary;
(10) Other products, including edible cannabis products, as specified by the department; and
(11) Other products as specified by the department.
(b) As used in this section, "lozenge" means a small tablet manufactured in a manner to allow for the dissolving of its medicinal or therapeutic component slowly in the mouth.
(c) As used in this section, "edible cannabis products" means manufactured cannabis products intended for gastrointestinal administration of any cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant and regulated as manufactured cannabis products and not as a "drug" or "food" as defined and regulated in chapter 328, or as "bottled water" as defined and regulated in chapter 328D.
(d) Any medical cannabis product manufactured pursuant to this chapter shall be regulated and approved by the department and meet all requirements of rules adopted pursuant to this chapter; provided that the department shall establish requirements for child-resistant packaging and accurate and proper labeling. [L 2015, c 241, pt of §2; am L 2016, c 230, §17; am L 2017, c 170, §2; am L 2018, c 116, §27; am L 2020, c 38, §4]