§329-39 Labels. (a) Whenever a producer, manufacturer, or wholesaler of controlled substances, or a pharmacy sells or dispenses any such drug to:
(1) A producer, manufacturer, or wholesaler of controlled substances; or
(2) A pharmacy, physician, dentist, podiatrist, veterinarian, or practitioner;
the producer, manufacturer, wholesaler, or pharmacist shall securely affix to each package in which that drug is contained: a label showing in legible English the name and address of the vendor or dispenser; and the amount, quantity, kinds, and form of controlled substances contained in each package.
(b) Whenever a pharmacist sells or dispenses any controlled substance on a prescription issued by a physician, dentist, podiatrist, or veterinarian, the pharmacist shall affix to the bottle or other container in which the drug is sold or dispensed:
(1) The pharmacy's name and business address;
(2) The serial number of the prescription;
(3) The name of the patient or, if the patient is an animal, the name of the owner of the animal and the species of the animal;
(4) The name of the physician, dentist, podiatrist, or veterinarian by whom the prescription is written; and
(5) Such directions as may be stated on the prescription.
(c) No person shall alter, deface, or remove any label affixed to a package, bottle, or other container in which a drug is sold or dispensed, except for the purpose of replacing the label with the person's own lawful authorized label. [L 1931, c 152, §10; RL 1935, §1279; RL 1945, §2610; am L 1955, c 180, §1; RL 1955, §52-21; am L 1959, c 71, §3; HRS §329-14; ren L 1972, c 10, §7(1); am L 1977, c 116, §4; gen ch 1985; am L 1996, c 206, §3]