§321-379 Enforcement; penalties. (a) If the department determines that any person has violated or is violating any provision of this part, any rule adopted pursuant to this part, or any term or condition of a permit or license issued pursuant to this part, the department may take enforcement action and impose penalties as provided in section 321-20, except that the department may impose a penalty not to exceed $10,000 per offense.
(b) Violations of this part include but are not limited to:
(1) Submitting to or filing with the department any application, notice, statement, or other document in procuring or attempting to procure licensure as a tattoo artist that is false or untrue or contains any material misstatement of fact, or assisting another party in doing so;
(2) Using the title licensed tattoo artist or any other designation tending to imply that the person is a licensed tattoo artist when the person is not in fact licensed or the person's license has been suspended or revoked;
(3) Violating the conditions or limitations of a permit or a license or assisting another party in violating those conditions;
(4) Engaging in conduct resulting in physical injury to an individual or the public in the course of professional services or activities;
(5) Aiding or abetting an unlicensed person, knowingly combining or conspiring with an unlicensed person, allowing one's license to be used by an unlicensed person, or acting as agent or associate of an unlicensed person to evade the use of title restrictions of this part;
(6) Tattooing any person under the age of eighteen without the written consent of the person's parent or legal guardian or not maintaining the consent forms in a confidential manner at the tattoo shop for not less than two years; or
(7) Making a false or misleading statement to the department relating to any matter under this part.
(c) An enforcement action under this section may be combined with a permit or license revocation or suspension under section 321-377 and may be brought together as one administrative action.
(d) In any proceeding under this section, the person subject to the proceeding shall be given notice and the opportunity for a hearing in conformity with chapter 91. [L 1990, c 285, pt of §2; am L 2009, c 130, §7]