[§304A-502] Power of regents to grant tuition waivers. The board of regents, or its designated representatives, is authorized to grant, modify, or suspend tuition waivers.
The board may:
(1) Waive entirely or reduce the tuition fee or any of the other fees for graduate teaching and research assistants;
(2) Enter into agreements with government and university officials of any other state or foreign country to provide for reciprocal waiver of the nonresident tuition and fee differential;
(3) Waive the nonresident tuition and fee differential for selected students from Pacific and Asian jurisdictions when their presence would be beneficial to the university or the State;
(4) Waive entirely or reduce the tuition fee or any of the other fees for students, resident or nonresident; and
(5) Waive the nonresident tuition and fee differential for members in good standing of the following military units, regardless of their actual state of residence:
(A) The Hawaii national guard; and
(B) The federal reserve components of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard who attend drills with units located within the State.
The board shall determine the percentage of allowable tuition and fee waivers for financial need and other university priorities. These tuition waivers and waivers of the nonresident tuition and fee differential shall be awarded in accordance with guidelines established by the board. [L 2006, c 75, pt of §2 and c 188, pt of §1]
The amendment by L 2006, c 188, pt of §1 to repealed §304-4 is included in this section pursuant to L 2006, c 75, §18.