§302A-704 Tuition assistance for exemplary teachers to attend the University of Hawaii. (a) The superintendent, subject to the availability of funds, may award tuition assistance to exemplary teachers who want to become vice-principals in Hawaii's public schools, and who are:
(1) Residents of the State, as defined by the board of regents pursuant to section [304A-402]; and
(2) Taking courses that will lead to certification as a public school principal, on any campus of the University of Hawaii.
(b) The superintendent shall adopt rules in accordance with chapter 91 to carry out the purposes of this section. The rules shall include:
(1) A definition of "exemplary teacher" as determined under section 302A-703(b);
(2) Descriptions of the minimum academic qualification of students who may be awarded full or partial tuition assistance under this section;
(3) Listings of acceptable fields of study, degrees, and periods of eligibility for students who may be awarded tuition assistance under this section;
(4) Procedures for demonstrating the ongoing, satisfactory academic performance of students who have accepted tuition assistance under this section;
(5) Explanations of any obligations for students who have accepted tuition assistance under this section;
(6) Procedures for administratively transferring moneys for tuition assistance awarded under this section from the department of education to the University of Hawaii; and
(7) Procedures for enforcing this subsection.
(c) Chapters 42F, 103D, and 103F shall not apply to this section. [L 2001, c 256, pt of §1; am L 2006, c 75, §8]