271-8 Certificate or permit required. Except as provided in section 271-5, no person shall engage in the transportation of persons or property, for compensation or hire, by motor vehicle, over any public highway of this State unless there is in force with respect to the person a certificate or permit issued by the public utilities commission authorizing the transportation. [L 1961, c 121, pt of 2; Supp, 106C-6; HRS 271-8]



Previous Vol05_Ch0261-0319 Next