§245-2 License. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of a wholesaler or dealer in the State without having received first a license therefor issued by the department of taxation under this chapter; provided that this section shall not be construed to supersede any other law relating to licensing of persons in the same business.
(b) The license shall be issued by the department upon application therefor, in such form and manner as shall be required by rule of the department, and the payment of a fee of $2.50, and shall be renewable annually on July 1 for the twelve months ending the succeeding June 30.
(c) The department may suspend or, after hearing, revoke or decline to renew any license issued under this chapter whenever the department finds that the applicant or licensee has failed to comply with this chapter or any rule adopted under this chapter, or for any other good cause. Good cause includes but is not limited to instances where an applicant or licensee has:
(1) Submitted a false or fraudulent application or provided a false statement in an application; or
(2) Possessed or displayed a false or fraudulent license.
Upon suspending or revoking any license, the department shall request that the licensee immediately surrender the license or any duplicate issued to the licensee and the licensee shall surrender the license or duplicate promptly to the department as requested.
(d) Whenever the department suspends, revokes, or declines to renew a license, the department shall notify the applicant or licensee immediately and afford the applicant or licensee a hearing, if requested and if a hearing has not already been afforded. After the hearing, the department shall:
(1) Rescind its order of suspension;
(2) Continue the suspension;
(3) Revoke the license;
(4) Rescind its order of revocation;
(5) Decline to renew the license; or
(6) Renew the license. [L 1939, c 220, §3; RL 1945, §5752; RL 1955, §125-2; am L Sp 1957, c 1, §8(a); am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §16; HRS §245-2; am L 1993, c 220, §8; am L 1995, c 92, §17; am L 2005, c 131, §§3, 9(2); am L 2009, c 30, §2]