[§209E-12] Local incentives. (a) In applying for designation as an enterprise zone, the applying county may propose local incentives, including, but not limited to:
(1) Reduction of permit fees;
(2) Reduction of user fees; and
(3) Reduction of real property taxes.
(b) The application also may contain proposals for regulatory flexibility, including, but not limited to:
(1) Special zoning districts;
(2) Permit process reform;
(3) Exemptions from local ordinances; and
(4) Other public incentives proposed in the locality's application, which shall be binding upon the locality upon designation of the enterprise zone. [L 1986, c 78, pt of §1]
Attorney General Opinions
Where new enterprise zone (EZ) was created legislatively by Act 262, L 1997, the Act did not require city and county to offer county-level incentives to qualified businesses in the new EZ. Att. Gen. Op. 98-1.