[PART VII.] KALAELOA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT
§206E-191 Barbers Point Naval Air Station redevelopment; power to redevelop established. (a) The Hawaii community development authority shall be the designated agency of the State to implement this part.
(b) The authority shall act as the local redevelopment authority to facilitate the redevelopment of Barbers Point Naval Air Station in accordance with the Barbers Point Naval Air Station community reuse plan. In addition to any other duties that the authority may have pursuant to this chapter, the authority's duties shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Coordinating with the Navy and other entities during the conveyance of properties and conducting remediation activities for the Barbers Point Naval Air Station community reuse plan;
(2) Assisting landholders designated by the plan to market their properties and process conveyance requests;
(3) Working with the Navy and others to ensure that infrastructure support is provided to the existing developed area, referred to as the "downtown area", and other federally retained areas;
(4) Developing the infrastructure necessary to support the implementation of the Barbers Point Naval Air Station community reuse plan; and
(5) Providing, to the extent feasible, maximum opportunity for the reuse of surplus property by private enterprise or state and county government. [L 2002, c 184, pt of §2; am L 2012, c 323, §3]