[§201H-32] Definitions. The following terms, wherever used or referred to in this part, shall have the following respective meanings unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
"Develop" or "development" means the planning, financing and acquisition of real and personal property; demolition of existing structures and clearance of real property; construction, reconstruction, alteration, or repairing of approaches, streets, sidewalks, utilities, and services, or other site improvements; construction, reconstruction, repair, remodeling, extension, equipment, or furnishing of buildings or other structures; or any combination of the foregoing, of any housing project. It also includes any and all undertakings necessary therefor, and the acquisition of any housing, in whole or in part.
"Eligible bidder" means a person, partnership, firm, or corporate entity determined by the corporation:
(1) To be qualified by experience and financial responsibility to construct housing of the type proposed to be contracted; and
(2) To have submitted the lowest acceptable bid.
"Eligible developer" means any person, partnership, cooperative including limited-equity housing cooperatives as defined in chapter 421H, firm, nonprofit or for-profit entity, or public agency determined by the corporation:
(1) To be qualified by experience, financial responsibility, and support to construct housing of the type described and of the magnitude encompassed by the given project;
(2) To have submitted plans for a housing project adequately meeting the objectives of this chapter, the maintenance of aesthetic values in the locale of the project, and the requirements of all applicable environmental statutes and rules; and
(3) To meet all other requirements the corporation deems to be just and reasonable, and all requirements stipulated in this chapter.
"Purchaser's equity" means the difference between the original cost of the dwelling unit to the purchaser, and the principal amount of any mortgages, liens, or notes outstanding.
"Qualified resident" means a person who:
(1) Is a citizen of the United States or a resident alien;
(2) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(3) Is domiciled in the State and physically resides in the dwelling unit purchased or rented under this chapter;
(4) In the case of the purchase of real property in fee simple or leasehold, has a gross income sufficient to qualify for the loan to finance the purchase; or in the case of a rental, demonstrates an ability to pay rent as determined by the corporation and meets any additional criteria established by the corporation for the respective rental housing development for which the applicant is applying; and
(5) Meets the following qualifications:
(A) Is a person who either by the person's self, or together with spouse or household member, does not own a majority interest in fee simple or leasehold lands suitable for dwelling purposes or a majority interest in lands under any trust agreement or other fiduciary arrangement in which another person holds the legal title to the land; and
(B) Is a person whose spouse or household member does not own a majority interest in fee simple or leasehold lands suitable for dwelling purposes or more than a majority interest in lands under any trust agreement or other fiduciary arrangement in which another person holds the legal title to the land, except when husband and wife are living apart under a decree of separation from bed and board issued by the family court pursuant to section 580-71;
provided that for purchasers of market-priced units in an economically integrated housing project, the term "qualified resident" means a person who is a citizen of the United States or a resident alien; is domiciled in the State and shall physically reside in the dwelling unit purchased; is at least eighteen years of age; and meets other qualifications as determined by the developer.
"Short-term project notes" means evidences of indebtedness issued by the State for specified housing projects and secured by the projects, the terms of which call for complete repayment by the State of the face amount in not less than two nor more than ten years. [L 2006, c 180, pt of §3]