[§134C-2] Gun violence and violent crimes commission; membership. (a) The attorney general or the attorney general's designee shall coordinate and serve as the chair of the gun violence and violent crimes commission.
(b) The following individuals, or their designees, shall serve as members of the gun violence and violent crimes commission:
(1) The chief justice of the supreme court of Hawaii;
(2) The director of health;
(3) The director of public safety;
(4) A county prosecuting attorney to be selected by the chair of the commission;
(5) The public defender;
(6) The chief of police of each county;
(7) The administrator of the Hawaii state hospital;
(8) The dean of the college of social sciences at the University of Hawaii at Manoa;
(9) The dean of the John A. Burns school of medicine;
(10) One representative from a group that advocates for stricter gun safety laws; and
(11) One representative from a firearm advocacy group.
(c) The chair of the gun violence and violent crimes commission may request the participation or input of experts in gun violence and violent crimes; county, state, and federal officials; members of the public; and other persons as necessary.
(d) The members of the gun violence and violent crimes commission shall serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses, including travel expenses, incurred in carrying out their duties. [L 2020, c 74, pt of §1]