§103-8.5 Works of art special fund. (a) There is created a works of art special fund, into which shall be transferred one per cent of all state fund appropriations for capital improvements designated for the construction cost element; provided that this transfer shall apply only to capital improvement appropriations that are designated for the construction or renovation of state buildings. The one per cent transfer requirement shall not apply to appropriations from the passenger facility charge special fund established by section 261-5.5 and the rental motor vehicle customer facility charge special fund established under section 261-5.6.
(b) The works of art special fund shall be used solely for the following purposes:
(1) Costs related to the acquisition of works of art, including any consultant or staff services required to carry out the art in public places and relocatable works of art programs;
(2) Site modifications, display, and interpretive work necessary for the exhibition of works of art;
(3) Upkeep services, including maintenance, repair, and restoration of works of art;
(4) Storing and transporting works of art.
(c) The one per cent amount, which is included in all capital improvement appropriations, shall be calculated at the time the appropriation bills are signed into law. The moneys shall be transferred into the works of art special fund upon availability of moneys from the appropriations. Each agency receiving capital improvement appropriations shall calculate the one per cent amount and transfer the moneys into the works of art special fund.
(d) The comptroller and the state foundation on culture and the arts shall decide on the specific art objects to acquire, giving first consideration to placing appropriate pieces of art at the locations of the original appropriation.
The selection of, commissioning artists for, reviewing of design, execution, and placement of, and the acceptance of works of art shall be the responsibility of the comptroller and the state foundation on culture and the arts in consultation with the affected agency or department.
Expenditures from the works of art special fund shall be made by the comptroller.
(e) The comptroller shall:
(1) Provide each agency receiving capital improvement appropriations with information regarding items that shall be included and excluded from the one per cent amount;
(2) Ensure that each agency calculates its one per cent amount correctly; and
(3) Ensure that each agency transfers the correct amount to the works of art special fund in a timely manner.
(f) The comptroller and the executive director shall track amounts due from each agency under the one per cent requirement as provided in this section. [L 1989, c 389, §1; am L 1999, c 80, §§5, 8(1); am L 2003, c 178, §59 and c 213, §16; am L 2004, c 101, §3; am L 2008, c 226, §5]
Filipino veterans of World War II monument. L 2017, c 35.
Student art work, see §9-4.