§11-335 Noncandidate committee reports. (a) The authorized person in the case of a party, or treasurer in the case of a noncandidate committee that is not a party, shall file preliminary, final, and supplemental reports that disclose the following information:
(1) The noncandidate committee's name and address;
(2) The cash on hand at the beginning of the reporting period and election period;
(3) The reporting period and election period aggregate totals for each of the following categories:
(A) Contributions received;
(B) Contributions made;
(C) Expenditures; and
(D) Other receipts;
(4) The cash on hand at the end of the reporting period; and
(5) The surplus or deficit at the end of the reporting period.
(b) Schedules filed with the reports shall include the following additional information:
(1) The amount and date of deposit of each contribution received and the name, address, occupation, and employer of each contributor making a contribution aggregating more than $100 during an election period, which was not previously reported; provided that if:
(A) All the information is not on file, the contribution shall be returned to the contributor within thirty days of deposit; and
(B) A noncandidate committee making only independent expenditures receives a contribution of more than $10,000 in the aggregate in an election period from an entity other than an individual, for-profit business entity, or labor union, then the schedule shall include:
(i) The internet address where the contributing entity's disclosure report can be publicly accessed, if the contributing entity is subject to state or federal disclosure reporting requirements regarding the source of the contributing entity's funds;
(ii) The name, address, occupation, and employer of each funding source that contributed $100 or more in the aggregate in an election period to that contributing entity; or
(iii) An acknowledgment that the contributing entity is not subject to any state or federal disclosure reporting requirements regarding the source of the contributing entity's funds;
(2) The amount and date of each contribution made and the name and address of the candidate, candidate committee, or noncandidate committee to which the contribution was made;
(3) All expenditures, including the name and address of each payee and the amount, date, and purpose of each expenditure; provided that:
(A) Expenditures for advertisements or electioneering communications shall include the names of the candidates supported, opposed, or clearly identified;
(B) Expenditures for consultants, advertising agencies and similar firms, credit card payments, salaries, and candidate reimbursements shall be itemized to permit a reasonable person to determine the ultimate intended recipient of the expenditure and its purpose;
(C) Independent expenditures shall include the name of any candidate supported, opposed, or clearly identified; and
(D) The purpose of an independent expenditure shall include the name of the candidate who is supported or opposed by the expenditure, and whether the expenditure supports or opposes the candidate;
(4) For noncandidate committees making only independent expenditures, certification that no expenditures have been coordinated with a candidate, candidate committee, or any agent of a candidate or candidate committee;
(5) The amount, date of deposit, and description of other receipts and the name and address of the source of each of the other receipts;
(6) A description of each durable asset, the date of acquisition, value at the time of acquisition, and the name and address of the vendor or contributor of the asset; and
(7) The date of disposition of a durable asset, value at the time of disposition, method of disposition, and name and address of the person receiving the asset.
(c) No loan may be made or received by a noncandidate committee.
(d) The authorized person in the case of a party, or treasurer in the case of a noncandidate committee that is not a party, shall file a late contribution report as provided in section 11-338 if the committee receives late contributions from any person aggregating more than $500 or makes late contributions aggregating more than $500.
(e) For purposes of this section, "electioneering communication" means the same as defined in section 11-341. [L 2010, c 211, pt of §2; am L 2013, c 111, §1 and c 112, §5; am L 2015, c 209, §2]