§453-32.51 Limited temporary certification. (a) The Hawaii medical board shall approve limited temporary certification of an applicant under this section if the applicant:
(1) Has graduated from a board or state-approved training program as developed and promulgated by the United States Department of Transportation;
(2) Has passed the written and practical examinations of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians for that level of practice;
(3) Holds a current certificate from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians for that level of practice;
(4) Has submitted a letter verifying acceptance into a period of peer review as an emergency medical technician or mobile intensive care technician;
(5) Has filed a completed application with the board; and
(6) Has paid all the required fees.
(b) Limited certification of any applicant shall be restricted to a maximum of one year.
(c) All privileges under this section shall automatically cease if the applicant receives certification under section 453-32 or 453-32.1 or is no longer participating in a period of peer review. [L 1996, c 147, §1; am L 2008, c 9, §3]