[§291C-20] Disclosure of traffic accident reports. (a) Any traffic accident report required under this chapter shall be made without prejudice to the person required to report information concerning the accident and shall be for the confidential use of the police department, except that the department shall, upon request, disclose such record, to any person directly concerned in the traffic accident or having a proper interest therein, including:
(1) The driver or drivers involved, or the employer, parent, or legal guardian thereof;
(2) The authorized representative of any person involved in the accident;
(3) Any person injured in the accident;
(4) The owners of vehicles or property damaged in the accident;
(5) Any law enforcement agency; and
(6) Any court of competent jurisdiction.
(b) Any person who may sue because of death resulting from any such accident shall be deemed a party directly concerned.
(c) In the event of a conflict between this section and any other law, including sections 286-171 and 286-172 and chapter 92F, this section shall control. [L 1996, c 275, §1]