§103D-203 Chief procurement officers. (a) The chief procurement officer for each of the following state entities shall be:
(1) The judiciary--the administrative director of the courts;
(2) The senate--the president of the senate;
(3) The house of representatives--the speaker of the house of representatives;
(4) The office of Hawaiian affairs--the chairperson of the board;
(5) The University of Hawaii--the president of the University of Hawaii; provided that, except as specified in section 304A-2672(2), for contracts for construction and professional services furnished by licensees under chapter 464, the administrator of the state procurement office of the department of accounting and general services shall serve as the chief procurement officer;
(6) The department of education, excluding the Hawaii public library system--the superintendent of education;
(7) The Hawaii health systems corporation--the chief executive officer of the Hawaii health systems corporation; and
(8) The remaining departments of the executive branch of the State and all governmental bodies administratively attached to them--the administrator of the state procurement office of the department of accounting and general services.
(b) The chief procurement officers for each of the several counties shall be:
(1) The executive branch--the respective finance directors of the several counties, except as provided in paragraphs (3), (4), and (5);
(2) The legislative branch--the respective chairpersons of the councils of the several counties;
(3) The Honolulu, Kauai, and Maui boards or departments of water supply--the managers and chief engineers of the respective boards or departments of water supply as designated by county charter;
(4) The Hawaii board of water supply--the manager of the board of water supply as designated by county charter; and
(5) The semi-autonomous public transit agency--the director of the agency as designated by county charter;
provided that the chief procurement officers designated under paragraphs (1), (2), (3), (4), and (5) shall not exercise their powers or duties over contracting in a manner contrary to the respective county's charter, ordinances, or rules adopted in accordance with chapter 91.
(c) For purposes of applying this chapter to the judiciary, houses of the legislature, office of Hawaiian affairs, University of Hawaii, department of education, remaining departments of the executive branch and all governmental bodies administratively attached to them, and the several counties, unless otherwise expressly provided, "State" shall mean "judiciary", "state senate", "state house of representatives", "office of Hawaiian affairs", "University of Hawaii", "department of education", "executive branch", "county", "board of water supply" or "department of water supply", and "semi-autonomous public transit agency", respectively. [L Sp 1993, c 8, pt of §2; am L 1994, c 186, §8 and c 193, §§2, 5; am L 1996, c 262, §27; am L 1997, c 352, §§5, 19; am L 1999, c 149, §14; am L 2004, c 216, §17; am L 2006, c 283, §1; am L 2011, c 131, §2; am L 2013, c 87, §2]
Chief procurement officer authorized under §103D-204 (pre-1997) and this section to make substantial interest determination under §103D-701(f) for public library system was superintendent of education and not administrator of state procurement office. 85 H. 431, 946 P.2d 1.