§6E-41 Cemeteries; removal or redesignation. (a) Any person removing or redesignating any cemetery shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Publish a notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the State, requesting persons having information concerning the cemetery or persons buried in it to report that information to the department;
(2) Photograph the cemetery generally, and take separate photographs of all headstones located in the cemetery;
(3) Turn over to the department all photographs and any other relevant historical records;
(4) Move all headstones to the place of reinterment; and
(5) Obtain the written concurrence of the department prior to any removal or redesignation if the cemetery has existed for more than fifty years.
(b) The requirements of subsection (a) shall be in addition to any requirements imposed by the department of health. [L 1988, c 265, pt of §1; am L 1990, c 22, §2]